Re: MSD 8.5 wires

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 17 1997 - 14:05:10 EDT

<< Did you have any problems regarding the length of the wire? (Too short
 or too long?) What wires did you end up getting; the expensive ones or
 the more expensive ones? (I forget the names, but both were made by MSD. >>

No problems with length and the only concern is the cap connections, these
wires and boots are larger than stock and there are a coulple of places on
the cap where the wires have to cross each other, pretty tight to get
evrything pushed on to make good connections. I plan to check them
occassionally for a while to be sure they will stay on tight. I also used the
stock separators, a little snug but the did fit and then I put a wire tie
aound the whole deal to hold them in place.

<< I'll
>let ya know the results but I am not overly optimistic as since I put the
MSD
>on I have lost a tenth or two.

  Bummer. Any ideas as to why something like that would happen? Is it
the NOS?>>

Lost both with and without NOS. I don't have a clue why but I do know another
fellow (Stan) who put a Jacobs ultra team on his truck and lost 2 tenths with
his, I was there when he took it off and ran the stock ignition and got his 2
tenths back, all in the same night ??? This is why I went for the wires and
all and will unhook it after a few runs and go back to stock to find out what
gives..The problem I have is more complicated I cannot run the Mopar Computer
with the NOS without retarding the timing when using NOS so I need the MSD
stuff to allow using the MP Computer or I have to swap computers when I run
NOS. I want to make this MSD thing cooperate.

I'll keep ya posted..

Bill