In love with my Dakota...

From: Pat Buthmann (patb@mindless.com)
Date: Sun Aug 17 1997 - 22:08:47 EDT

You know, everywhere I go with my truck, be it to a ball tournament for the
weekend, or simply to any event where you're bound to meet dozens (or
hundreds) of people during a relatively short period of time, EVERYONE
(well, lots anyway) seems to keep asking me questions about my truck. I
just returned from a ball tournament in Invermere this weekend, and had a
bunch of people constantly checking out my truck. Teammates (new ball
team) wanted to sit in it, ride in the back, seemed shocked when I
mentioned a 318 in it etc. I've had more husbands tell me they wanted to
buy one, and were bribing their wives to let them, and I've had some of
their wives asking me questions about my truck, claiming they (or their
husbands) were on the verge of buying one. Now, I'd be the last person to
ever claim my Dakota was 'just another vehicle'. But it's amazing how much
attention it really gets. I could be driving down the city streets,
stopped at a light, and some guy will walk by and say 'Nice truck'. One
has to figure, maybe Dodge has finally hit the equivalent of a 'High water
Mark' with the new Dakota's. Everybody I know seems to want one.

Pat Buthmann

'97 Dakota Sport, Club Cab, 4x4, 318, 5Spd, all the useful toys, no
creature comforts...Black, all Black, and nothing but Black...