Re: IRC

From: EDWARD TRAXLER (edtrax@thegrid.net)
Date: Mon Aug 18 1997 - 00:20:51 EDT

1st download mIRC. You can go either do a net search or go to the
following:

http://www.mirc.co.uk/

Make sure you get the one for your operating system. Then install it, an
run it and:

When you start up the program, you get a start screen telling you that
the program is shareware. On the left is a small Icon labeled mIRC. Click
on
this. You get a mIRC setup screen. Enter the appropriate info, your name,
e-mail, and nickname. You make have to play with this, as if someone
already has that 'nick', you'll have to choose another.

 Then check out the list of IRC Servers. I usually use EFnet: CA,Magic.
Some you can get on, some you can't. Choose connect ... if you are
successful
then you choose your discussion group (channel group). A mIRC Channels
Folder pops up with some generic stuff. At the top is a entry area ...
enter #dakota and click the Add button to add #dakota to the list. Click
on #dakota and then click Join. Let me know what happens then.

Edward Traxler
Ft Hunter Ligget, CA

"The author's best friend is the person who shoots him just before he makes
one change too many."
Daniel Keyes