Re: Thorley's are done...

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Mon Aug 18 1997 - 10:06:59 EDT

----------
> From: JERRY S DALTON <XGLT71A@prodigy.com>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Re: Thorley's are done...
> Date: Sunday, August 17, 1997 9:47 PM
>
> As I've said before, DH is a show header. The Tri-Y design was the

        Who's DH?

> great thing about 20 years ago, since then the header manufactures
> have found that equal length headers are the best. When is the last
> time you have seen a race car with tri-y headers? I've seen them on a
> few old show cars. And besides if it wasn't a show header you could
> get them unchromed. And the last thing a Magnum motor needs is more
> torque, with the intake runners they have torque is a given. Where

        More torque, and more hp.. The plus side ofthe torque makes it
a great addition for people who tow / and play (more versatile).

> they need help is on the top end past 4500 rpm where they are dead.

        True, but why not make more hp and torque below that. Sure a
pure pace orientated engine will run 8000 grand.. Most of the people on
this list drive their truck daily, and don't want to trailer it to the
strip.

> I'll still lay money that if someone runs a set of true duals or a
> cat back with the stock manifolds it will run better then a set of DH.

        Can you explain this to me?? If someone runs a set of true duals
(headers/exhaust I assume), or a cat back (dual exhaust I assume) with
the stock manifolds it will run better than a set of DH (DT's)...????

        I'll take on the guy with either (with the same mod's-- no pullies,
only a K&N, with or without the MP SBEC-- and that's it.) I will be
running
a 3" CAT back exhaust...so the true comparision will come down to the DT
(Doug Thorley's) to the stock manifolds...

        Have you run a set of DT's????

        Anyone want to run at Carlsbad, CA. raceway this Saturday?

        Sam '95 SLT