Re: '97 Dakota Performance ?'s

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Mon Aug 18 1997 - 20:58:38 EDT

At 02:40 PM 8/18/97 -0500, you wrote:
>> 2) Replace stock ignition related parts.. spark plugs, wires and cap.
>> Any
>> particular brand to look for? Again.. not racing type products.. just
>>
>> standard street level products.
>>

>I use autolite plugs. You shouldn't need to change your wires ynless you
>have 60k miles or more. I have borg warner cap and rotor on mine that
>has brass terminals instead of the cheaper aluminum type.

        I changed mine at about 6000 miles. Noticed a marked improvement in the
smoothness of the motor under hard acceleration. Probably noticed more
with the wires than I did the MSD and coil. Those are there for later mods
though. Didn't really expect to "feel" much. Ordered my Accell cap and
rotor at Pep Boys the other day......should be in by Thursday.