RE: March Underdrive Pulley's

From: acasey@mail.io.com
Date: Tue Aug 19 1997 - 10:36:29 EDT

> I thought about it, but it would slow down my alternator RPM's at idle.
> I'm afraid that I would drop too much voltage at the stop lights w/ the
> stereo on.

> James Bird BirdJD@InternetMCI.com
> '97 Dakota CC, V8, 4x4, 5sp, loaded, No labels
> K&N, Gibson, Dual mandrel bent pipes, 500w of serious sound

I use the pulley's, it does drop the the voltage while at idle on a
stock alternator. At night I notice that the headlights dim when I
am at idle especially with the ac or heater on. In fact I belive
thats what caused my MSD to fail. MSD replaced my unit and told me to
hook it up to the battery instead.
The plus side is it did drop my 1/4 mile time 1/10th. If I needed
more voltage, I would probably just go with a better alternator.

Alan...