Re: thorley pics

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Wed Aug 20 1997 - 23:58:01 EDT

Rob Robinson wrote:

> Nice pictures!!! I need a set!!
>
> Question: It looked as if the crossover was two piece. Is there a leak
> problem or is there some sort of sealer.
>
> Also, did you go with three inch pipe, or the original 2.5"?
>
> Rob Robinson

So far I have had no leaks on the crossover. Yes it is a two piece and
they just slip together. I was sure they would leak but this is how they
were designed. No sealer. If I do notice a leak, all I'll have to do
is get an exhaust clamp, no big deal. I thought I'd give 'em a chance
before clamping it...

As far as the 3 inch pipe... Well because mine is a '93 I'm blessed
with having a 3 inch pipe as the stock setup. The headers came with
adapters for both the 3inch and 2.5 inch. I of course used the 3...

--
Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com
     '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto