Re: Drag Radials; was Big Meats

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Tue Aug 19 1997 - 23:16:07 EDT

> Mine are on the way also. Let us know how you make out at the track..
> What size wheels you have them on ?

well, i ran tonight, i am still dissappointed in the truck. i have slowed
down and dont understand why. I ran a best of 16.032 stock with exceptions
of the flowmaster. after adding the shift kit and doing the TBI (by the
way, my truck likes running faster without any air filter at all, open TBI)
i ran a best of 16.28, and now after adding drag radials, i ran a best of
16.11 tonight. my 60ft times have improved all across the board from 2.44
to 2.08 with the mods and the drag radials (this is where they shine boys
and girls). so i feel like i did something wrong and i dont know what it
was, the truck definitely feels faster on teh street from stock, but on the
track, the numbers dont show to support it. so right now im gonna jus hold
off with my truck mods and concentrate on my demon (since that thing will
be in teh 11's when im done with it in a month anyways, MUCH faster than
the DAK) for a while, then work on teh truck more. maybe it will all peice
together when i get a computer and headers, who knows. maybe i have some
mods mis-matched. oh well.

BACK TO THE DRAG RADIALS!!!

these tires just plain rule. i drove the truck to teh track on them, and it
rained on teh way there pretty hard, so i had to slow down to 45 mph on teh
interstate cause the truck was hydroplaning (I DO NOT RECOMMEND THESE TIRES
FOR EVERYDAY DRIVING!!!, THEY ARE NOT SAFE). the truck handles like crap on
the corners with these tires. so i only am going to use these tires for
drag racing (ill put em on at the track, i got spare rims). but i ran 25
pounds of air in my tires (275/50/15 on the factory 15x8 rim from the tire
and handling package) and they didnt need much heat to get sticky cause
they are so soft of a compound, i wasnt even able to chirp em at all on the
launch at teh drag strip, a very good tire for racing. but i wouldnt use em
for everyday driving, they arent designed for that. the tread is so soft
that you will wear em out in 5-10k miles on everyday use. so get em for
racing only!. but damn do they stick!!!

i am overall happy with my drag radials, i dont have to worry because i
have another set of tires for teh street. but im sure not everyone has that
luxury.

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK, Pilone Throttle Body, Transgo
Shift Kit.
'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car