Re: Shift Kits

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 21 1997 - 20:44:34 EDT

<< I've been told that the 46re is the Exact tranny used in the V10
 equipped 2500 Ram. No changes.....
 Did you ever see the size of these clutshes.... >>

No only been to the valve body but not having been into other trannys I would
not have taken notice anyway. I have heard that a 727 will bolt right up to
the Daks and I have been thinking of pulling the 518 and store it and get a
built 727 ($500-600) and a torque converter. I 2would have to hav a drive
shaft built and may need to cahnge crossmember a little ? I wish I could get
e factual answer to if this can be done. The whole deal would be cheaper than
another 518 when this one dies and I don't really need the OD, only got
18,000 miles and it will be 5 years old in Oct. What do you think ?

Oh Did I mention that I was told there is another Crane Cam out there that is
Computer tolerable but not emmissions legal. I left a question about it to
someone but never got a reply. Kuk was telling about it even had the number,
you heard anything about it ? 518 lift if I remember right..

Bill