Re: 97 Dak - paiting the chrome grill....

From: Jack Snodgrass (dakota@cybermail.net)
Date: Fri Aug 22 1997 - 01:14:47 EDT

On Fri, 22 Aug 1997 07:28:30 -0400, Dick Campagna wrote:

>Another solution is to simply buy a "Sport" grille the same color as your
>truck. It may not be cost-efficient, though. Recommend that you check the
>price and post it for everyone's info. Thanks.

I'm color blind, but Black or Emrald Green would be the closest colors
to Briliant Blue that the sports grilles come in. Even I'd knotice
the difference. ;)

I talked to the stillen guys. I think that even if I get a grill from
them I'd have to have it painted.

Also... it looks like they sell a 'billet' insert that goes into the
existing grill for $117. I don't know if they sell a replacement
grill for the Dak or not. They weren't real clear on that on the
phone. In any case... it would have to be painted.

I talked to a pait and body shop. They weren't too sure that paiting
the 'chrome' would be a good idea.

Does anyone have a spare grill? ;) I read that oven cleaner would
eat off the crome from the plastic and not leave any marks. I'd
try that and then have it painted if I wasn't afraid that it would
do some harm to the grille.

Jack Snodgrass - jack@cybermail.net
   '97 Dakota SLT+ CC, 2w, V8, auto, Fresh air by Meldrum