Re: 97 Dak - paiting the chrome grill....

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Fri Aug 22 1997 - 17:13:32 EDT

Jack Snodgrass wrote:

> I talked to a pait and body shop. They weren't too sure that paiting
> the 'chrome' would be a good idea.
>

> Jack Snodgrass - jack@cybermail.net
> '97 Dakota SLT+ CC, 2w, V8, auto, Fresh air by Meldrum

FWIW my MarkIII looks like the grill was either painted at the dealer or
at MarkIII. I have a few chips on the grill from rocks and underneath
the nice green paint is shiny chrome, just like the SLT's..... other
than a few stone chips my paint has done great..... Isn't the grill
some type of plastic? Why not have the stock chrome one sanded? Could
it be sand blasted?? Then the paint would have no problem sticking....

--
Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com
     '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto