Re: Kick down cable

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Fri Aug 22 1997 - 12:40:56 EDT

----------
> From: Jon Steiger <steiger@ait.fredonia.edu>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Re: Kick down cable
> Date: Friday, August 22, 1997 09:15 AM
>
> At 12:04 PM 8/22/97 -0400, Jarrod Pilone wrote:
> >it is on the passenger side of the TBI and is on the rear bracket with a
> >white clip on it. you remove the white clip and slide the cable forward
or
> >rearward to loosen or tighten, for me it helped out my shift points with
> >the shift kit installed. my problem was i was hitting the rev limiter
under
> >WOT, not any more:)
> >

> <ignorance alert>
>
> What's a kick down cable and what does adjusting it do?
>
> </ignorance alert>
>
> Thanks. :-)
>
> -Jon-

        The kick down cable connects to your transmission. If you get
75% of WOT (Wide open throttle), usually, the cable will be pulled
(kickdown)
which will cause your transmission to downshift... D->2nd, 2nd->1st....
Mine doesn't work... Can't get it to shift from 5th to 4th.... ;P

        "If you were in 1st, and floored it, would it go to Park?"
        :P

Sam '95 SLT Dakota
http://www.users.cts.com/king/s/samp/
"Have you ever noticed that idiots are the only
ones complaining about idiot lights??"