Re: 97 Dak - painting the chrome grill....

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Fri Aug 22 1997 - 12:44:34 EDT

----------
> From: Brett Stoner <Brett@abacusinfo.com>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Re: 97 Dak - paiting the chrome grill....
> Date: Friday, August 22, 1997 09:34 AM
>
> I'm not entirely sure, but I'd guess that painting over the chrome
wouldn't work
 too well. I believe that most (or all) of the painted plastic parts come
from
 Dodge unpainted and the body shop paints them to match the truck. If
that's
 the case all you need to do is order an unpainted part from a body shop
and
 paint it yourself or have a body shop paint it. Of course, however, this
could
 be a bit more expensive than you had in mind. If the chrome grill is in
great
 shape the body shop might let you trade it in to offset the cost a bit.

> Good luck
> Brett

        That's what I was going to say... Well said Brett...
(How do you pronouce your last name? --> seriously <--)

        The billet grills look good too... Decisions decisions...

        Sam '95 SLT Dakota
http://www.users.cts.com/king/s/samp/