New member...

From: k.klopfenstein@lmco.com
Date: Fri Aug 22 1997 - 12:46:06 EDT

New to the list...wanted to say hi to everyone. I've been reading the
DML
for awhile, and decided to finally join. I just bought a 97 Dakota
about
a month ago, replacing my Ford (I've seen it referred to as "Ferd"
here...
is that because it rhymes with terd?) Ranger. I like it...A LOT! I'm a
first time Dakota owner. Kinda feels good!

And for my first post, I'd like to ask a question - Anyone got any
opinions
on whether extended warranties are worth it? Specifically, I've been
looking
at Warranty Gold, advertised by Edmunds WWW site. Any news, good or
bad, in
dealing with this company, or other warranty suggestions?

Also, I saw something about a FAQ for those of us who aren't up to speed
on
all the acronyms that go around. That's a great idea, as it would help
reduce the amount of "junk" mail in answering simple questions that 90%
of
the members already know!

Thanks in advance...

Kevin Klopfenstein
'97 CC, V6(I know, I know!...should have gotten the V8, but it'll do!)