Re: TRUCKIN

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Fri Aug 22 1997 - 17:14:03 EDT

ScreamN318@aol.com wrote:

> In the Oct. 97 issue of Truckin, the article about dakota exhaust pg. 167,
> said that the hp improved from 160@4500 to 194hp@4500. Thats a nice
> bump up, but i didn't think you would lose 70hp from the stock 230hp.
> I thought you only lose about 40 to 50 hp on rear-wheel dyno?

That's sounds wierd to me also. This was an 8 right? I've been told
that a fairly close way to determine flywheel horsepower from rear wheel
horsepower is to divide the rear wheel results by 0.82 (for an
automatic). That would put the above truck turnning 195hp at the
crank??? Something's not right here....

You can also reverse that and multiply 0.82 times 230hp = 188 rear wheel
hp. for stock v8 autos.....

--
Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com
     '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto