Dealers...and binaries

From: David L. Makin (makind@igs.net)
Date: Sat Aug 30 1997 - 16:29:24 EDT

You have to shop for a dealer just like you did for your Dakota -- looking
for the best combination of price and service.

My local well known Dodge dealer.... ordered the wrong thermostat three
times; charged me for trying to install said wrong thermostat; stripped the
thermostat housing bolt; gave me the the wrong oil filter; charged me for
lub & filter and did not grease the front end, although it was ticked off
on the service sheet; told me I needed new ball joints (at 35000 miles)
costing $180 Cdn each; tore up the grill cover because it wasn't genuine
Chrysler and "would cause overheating". In January. In Canada. At -30.

The dealer I go to now... an hour away.... quietly and thoroughly put
everything right, supplied a loaner car for free, charged less per hour
than the other guy, and, as I found out, does not use a price-escalator
book which automatically adds to the list price of parts. He doesn't do a
lot of expensive advertising either -- he's always busy!

I know where I'll go when it comes time to buy again.

Um,.... is it proper list etiquette here to post big binary files?

David L. Makin Kanata, Ontario