first post

From: David Settlemoir (dsettlemoir@aristotle.net)
Date: Sun Aug 31 1997 - 04:40:51 EDT

Hey Guys!

I've been lurking for a few weeks and thought it was about time to post.
I've got a 1995 Emerald Green Pearl Dakota Club Cab SLT 4X4 with the 318
V8, 5 speed, and 4 wheel ABS that I bought new. The odometer just hit 30K,
and I just put a set of Dunlop Radial Rover RV 30 X 9.50 15 inch tires on
the stock 15 X 6 wheels last week, and a set of Autolight Platinum spark
plugs in last night. I about got stuck last year during duck season with
the OEM passenger tires, so I hope the Dunlop's will have a bit more bite.

I haven't performed any performance mods yet (but still managed to get a
speeding ticket last summer - had the darn CB off,) but will eventually add
the Gibson cat-back, K&N kit, and a performance computer. I've seen lots
of folks with the mopar performance sbec on here, but haven't seen any talk
of the new (if available yet) hypertech unit that plugs between the OEM
sbec and the harness. I sent hypertech email about the hypertech versus
the mopar, and they said their unit adds about 15hp to the rear wheels.
They also said when testing the mopar unit for comparison, they never could
get the engine to stop pinging. I already have that problem with the stock
unit, so I use super unleaded not to hear it. The worse thing about the
hypertech is the price - a local speed shop told me it would run about
$350, Ouch.

Also, does anyone else have the noisy fan clutch problem? I'm on my second
one which is actually louder than the first!

David Settlemoir
dsettlemoir@aristotle.net
'95 Dakota CC 4WD 318 5spd