Re: Jacob's Ignition Sucks!

From: dmagnum@ccs.netside.com
Date: Sun Aug 31 1997 - 07:55:57 EDT

At 01:36 AM 8/29/97 -0500, you wrote:
>i ran my truck at teh drag strip tonight (on teh drag radials mind you).
>here are my results.
>
>i made 3 passes

>r/t- .628
>60' 2.356
>330' 6.867
>1/8 10.575
>mph 66.00
>1000' 13.810
>1/4 16.553
>mph 82.34

>r/t- .670
>60' 2.364
>330' 6.876
>1/8 10.584
>mph 65.99
>1000' 13.817
>1/4 16.556
>mph 82.45
>
>#3- WITH JACOB'S DISCONNECTED USING FACTORY IGNITION!
>
>r/t- .518
>60' 2.319
>330' 6.744
>1/8 10.376
>mph 67.42
>1000' 13.533
>1/4 16.204
>mph 84.52
>

>so you can see i basically lost .35 and 2 mph in the 1/4 mile with teh
>jacobs. i tell you i am not using that damn ignition box again!. i may as
>well throw it away. i cant return it, i have had it too long (over a year).
>
>maybe others have had different results. but i am getting very agrivated
>that i cannot get my truck into teh 15 second area in teh 1/4 mile. my next
>upgrade besides traction bars, is gonna be a set of 4.10 gears.

Hey Jarrod,

Told you they didn't work. Your truck should be running faster...know doubt.
What rear gears do you have?
What octane gas do you run?
What was the temp outside?
have you tried to reset the SBEC before racing?
Know anybody that can check your timing via a diagnostic computer? I
think the max adjustment is 10 Deg BTC.
How's your gas mileage? (retarded timing will make it suck)

From the looks of your times,, your not making alot of power low or on the
top side
Do you know of anyone else with a 97 truck like yours?
What times do they run?

Let me know .... will figure somethin out....

Got to go back to work
Stan
dmagnum@mail.netside.com