Re: Jacob's Ignition Sucks!

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Sat Aug 30 1997 - 12:47:21 EDT

> Told you they didn't work. Your truck should be running faster...know
doubt.

i know it should be quicker.

> What rear gears do you have?
3.55- im gonna step up to 4.10's

> What octane gas do you run?
just 93 pump gas.

> What was the temp outside?
normally 75-80 at night, its humid here.

> have you tried to reset the SBEC before racing?

deos that work with the OBD-II system??. just disconnect teh negative
battery termila and reconnect it???

> Know anybody that can check your timing via a diagnostic computer? I
> think the max adjustment is 10 Deg BTC.
> How's your gas mileage? (retarded timing will make it suck)

i do know someone...the truck gets anywhere from 12-14 (cant keep my foot
out of it, 14-16 if i drive normal). i got like 18 mpg on a tank once that
was all highway driving.

> >From the looks of your times,, your not making alot of power low or on
the
> top side
> Do you know of anyone else with a 97 truck like yours?
> What times do they run?

only other '97 owners i know who have run is sean meldum and he has a 400
pound lighter regular cab. hes got a 5 speed and 3.55 gears and he ran a
15.25 on near bald tires.

ANY OF YOU '97 CLUB CAB 5.2L OWNERS RUN DOWN THE 1/4????

help, please. im on the verge of a nervour breakdown because i canot get
the damn truck into teh 15's in the 1/4 mile:(.

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK, Pilone Throttle Body, Transgo
Shift Kit,"R/T" Bumblebee Stripe.
'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car