4x4 Tires

From: Tad Wirmel (tadmopar@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Aug 31 1997 - 19:46:42 EDT

Hey guys,
I am still doing some research on truck tires. You guys who have responded
have been very helpful.
I was up at the U.S. Nationals this weekend, excellent time,and there was a
Mickey Thompson display there. They had everything from drag tires to truck
tires. Anyway I got some of their brochures to look at and one of the
fliers has all the different sizes on it.
All this time I have been thinking of putting a set of BF Goodrich
All-Terrain's on my truck (31x10.5x15). I am wondering if I could get a set
of Mickey's Baha-Belted (30x12.5x15) under my truck with minimal rub. What
do you guys think? How can I figure out if my truck will take these?
The chart, I have, gives me a tread width of 9", sidewall width of 12.2" and
an overall diameter of 29.4". They used a 10" rim when measuring. An 8.5"
rim is the minimal recommended, which is what I was planning on getting.
By the way, the truck on display was a 95 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4x4 with a
3" suspension and 3"body lift. The tires were Mickey T's (32x12.5x15). It
was awesome looking!

Tad
94 Dakota CC 4x4, 72 Charger, 65 Valiant