Re: 4x4 Tires

From: tnadoman@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sun Aug 31 1997 - 20:09:14 EDT

On 08/31/97 23:46:42 you wrote:

Hey there Tad, heres a few thoughts of mine from owning 4x4's since I could drive (10years).
Mickey Thompsons are great off-road, but because of the soft tread, they wear fast! I have
BFGoodrich 33x12.50 Mud T/A's on my '72 blazer...these tires tend to dig there own path in snow.
This is not good when your trying to follow someone elses. If you get stuck, these suckers will
dig ya down (and potentially high center you). I had BFGoodrich on my '83 Toyota 4x4 and they
(31x10.50) were great! I did some nasty trails in colorado and at times, would smoke the
sidewalls on the sides of boulders. You couldn't even tell (triple sidewalls...the only one that
has this type of lining).

When the Goodyears wear out on my '97 Dakota, I will definitely put BFGoodrich All Terrains
on!

Just my observations.

Dave Thede
'97 Dakota Sport CC V8/5-spd 4x4