Re: Jacob's Ignition Sucks!

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 01 1997 - 17:45:14 EDT

<< i have 3.55 gears now and the truck has 5,900 miles on it. i always run 93
 octane gas, mainly mobil. i use 10w-40 valvoline dura-blend oil with no
 extra additives. >>

 I have heard from several Dak owners locally that claim their trucks did not
run well until they got about 10,000 miles on them, just a thought that it
could be a tight engine and may need to break in a little more. Also are you
having a traction problem ? as I remember you were not.

I found a program called Dragstrip plus which allows you to enter any data
you have on your vehicle including your weight, the weather data and a lot
more and then calculate the results you should get but also allows you to
change any data and calculate the changes it would make, it has saved me a
lot of loot by testing out changes first. It also tells you optimum set ups
for 1/8 and 1/4 runs. You can get a shareware copy for free, fully funtional
but allows saving only one vehicle at the Staging lane site
"http://rconcepts.com/beard/", they also have a ton of info on drag racing
pointed toward novice/ametuer racers. I bought the full version to get
support and the program was $35. It may help you with future decisions on
what to change and where to put your loot.

Hang in there and we'll see if we can help you into the 15's or lower...

Bill