RE: 3.9 cracked heads?

From: Walter Felix (Walter_Felix@classic.msn.com)
Date: Tue Sep 02 1997 - 16:39:49 EDT

That could be something there. I've have checked the coolant level from time
to time and now that I think of it the header tank always seemed to be low. I
would always top off the radiator and pour a little extra into the tank.
Every once in a while, I would get a few drops on the ground under the truck.
It was leaking from somewhere but it was very intermittent.

Got the truck back on Friday, started to drive home from the shop and it
stalled out in the middle of the road. It would crank over but wouldn't
start. Almost like it wasn't getting any spark. After 5 minutes, it fired
right up. Took it back to the shop and left it. They weren't able to look at
it until this morning. I worked for them as a wrecker driver in the past and
still cover a night or two from time to time if they are short handed. I
still have their keys and I needed the truck Saturday so I grabbed it from
their pen. It died out a couple of times while driving and would always start
back up after a few minutes. I took it back over this morning and it wouldn't
do it. Drove it around all day without a problem. I don't know.

Walter_Felix@MSN.COM

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/9219