Re: [Fwd: Re: '93 Dodge Dakota PTM]

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Wed Sep 03 1997 - 08:46:29 EDT

WillTier@aol.com wrote:

> Mopar computers, as I
> understand it, are ancient compared to other manufactures but they still
> can't crack them ?????????????????

  I've heard this, too. I think Chrysler conformal coats their boards,
and that thick layer of epoxy would certainly discourage sticking an
ICE on the processor. All you'd have to work with are the inputs and
outputs, and that would be a bitch to reverse-engineer.

  Heck, I'd be happy if Chrysler simply published their diagnostic
specs, so that we'd have more than two suppliers for equipment.

  Ron