Re: 97/98 truck questions....

From: Steve (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Wed Sep 03 1997 - 12:11:13 EDT

On Wed, 03 Sep 97 12:53:07 -0600, you wrote:

>Can someone tell me how the fog lights are attached to the truck? Are =
they=20
>'clipped on' to the valance ( like someone told me ) or are they =
attached
>the the frame/bumper above them?=20

They are attached to the air dam.

>Has anyone removed the front valence ( lower part of the bumper ) from a=
 SLT
>front bumper. Can you tell me how that was acomplished.=20

I did when I installed my tow hooks. The bumper and the air dam come
off together. There are two bolts on top of the bumper, and three on
each side. Email me and I'll dig out the instructions.

>The SLT trucks have a gray valence on the front bumper and a chrome =
'top'=20
>to the bumper. The SPORTS models have a black top on the bumper. Can =
someone
>tell me of the black 'top' is rubber or what and if it looks like the =
chrome=20
>bumper is under that. i.e. is the 'black' part of the SPORTS bumper a =
cover
>for a normal chrome bumper or what exactly?=20

My Sport the "black" is painted metal. I think they just plate over it
for chrome.

        Steve

97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Gibson Single
3" Cat-Back