Re: Ram/Dakota 4x4

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Thu Sep 04 1997 - 19:24:56 EDT

First let me vent about Consumer Distorts. They've had a hard-on for
Chrysler for a long time, but never report anything bad about their
favorites like Honda or Toyota.

There's a front differential, transfer case and another drive shaft on the
4x4. I've got 80k miles on my '92 3.9, 4x4 and have not had any trouble
with any of the 4x4 gear, and a lot less trouble with the rest of the
vehicle than Consumer Distorts would have people believe.

A guy at work has a Ranger that took at least 6 mo to get the brakes fixed
so that it would stop reliably, the Ranger is a 94 or 95. Now I don't
know about you, but I like my vehicles to stop when I want them to stop.
Much more important than an EGR valve that dies at 30k and is replaced
under warranty or a distributor that was replaced at 65k under warranty
which had to be done on my '92. Both may have been a pain in the butt,
but they sure as the devil won't potentially kill ya!

Larry