Re: What do you think?

From: James Babcock (james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com)
Date: Fri Sep 05 1997 - 13:46:35 EDT

Hmmmm. You'd have to really like the Shelby option to pay $15K for
a 9 year old truck. I bought my '87 in March of '95 for $8,500.
It had only 20K miles on the clock at that time. I haven't had
any trouble with it to speak of (it had never stranded me),
but it does leak some oil. You will probably experience problems
with some of the rubber parts since they will deteriorate
whether the truck is driven or not. Unfortunately
I had to trash the tires on my truck due to dry rot even though they
had plenty of tread left on them. Be sure to look carefully at the
rubber in the suspension and at the tires for deterioration before
you commit to buy that little screamer.

Jim
'87 V6 auto 4x4 (now 37,500 miles)

--