Re: Front Bed Bends?

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Fri Sep 05 1997 - 17:10:55 EDT

Marc Robertson wrote:

> A metal worker friend suggested having a shop form a
> stainless steel channel that would snap over the lip on the front of the
> bed, both reinforcing it and hiding the dents from the bend.

  I've been thinking about my options to reinforce the front of the
bed, because I haul a lawn tractor regularly and am having trouble
keeping the bed from rebending.

  A big sheet of strong metal bent and hung over the lip would seem
to help spread out any force over the whole panel, which should
help some.

  I've also thought about building a rack bolted into the frame,
that would transfer any force to the frame. Too much of a pain
in the ass, IMO. I like the bent sheet of metal idea better,
since it's much easier.

  Ron