Re: Front Bed Bends?

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Sat Sep 06 1997 - 09:48:36 EDT

Jack Snodgrass wrote:
> Just wondering if these bed bends occur in trucks with drop in bed liners
> as much as trucks with no bed liners or sprayed in bed liners? I wonder
> if the drop in bed liners spread the impact and lessen the damage? Just
> curious.
> Jack Snodgrass - jack@cybermail.net
> '97 Dakota SLT+ CC, 2w, V8, auto, Fresh air by Meldrum

No, the plastic dropp-in's let everything slide like it's on ice back
there. If yer not VERY careful when something is back there it can get
some good velocity, then BAM..... My waterjug incident was with a
plastic drop-in liner and plastic jug...... very little friction between
the two. I couldn't even get on the freeway without knocking the
tailgate out of adjustment..... IMO spray-ins are the only way to go.

--
Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com
     '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto