Re: Idle Problems

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Tue Sep 09 1997 - 16:16:08 EDT

>Again, this is only on a warm restart (truck's been setting 30 min. to
>an hour or so) It idles fine for about 45 seconds, then has problems
>for about 30sec. to 1 min. and then like someone turned on a switch it
>smooths out and is fine thereafter. It is very predictable and happens
>like clockwork. I may try to record a .wav file later today, I've got

The overall symptoms sound alot like a classic vapor lock. Have you
changed the fuel filter recently?

That the problem goes away suddenly might also indicate that some
sensor is feeding the SBEC data that is 'reasonable' -- doesn't trigger
a code -- but wrong. I would think a dealer with an analyzer could
identify this pretty quickly.

Jim