Re: "Hop Up for Shelbys Dakota

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Thu Sep 11 1997 - 09:05:30 EDT

> I got a Shelby also, and keep wondering the same thing. I think you can
> get underdrive pulleys, but I am not positive. The best thing to do
would
> be call March and talk to a Tech or something but they should have
> something.
>
> Where did you get your computer? How Much, and where did you get your
tbi
> and how much. Also you should be able to get some kind of better intake
> would think...and that should help for performance.
>
> Have you ever run your truck in the 1/4 mi.?
>
> I have. The best to date is 16.17 with some wheel spin. I just have
dual
> exhaust, and a drop in K&N, that I didn't use when I race. I want to try
> to make some passes with it in, to see if it helps me or not. I am also
in
> the process of running another plastic hose from the air cleaner to the
> grille, should be able to start and finish that on Saturday, along with
> painting the roll pan, and lowering the rear about 2"(not to crazy about
> how it sits up so high in the rear. I like my truck to sit nice and
> level)

all you shelby guys with the pre-magnum LA 318's. why dont you switch over
to carbs?? thats what i would do. i had a '90 le-150 fullsize dodge with
the LA 318and i was gonna drop in a 360 with a 4 barrel, but i wrecked it.
ya cant do this if your in CALI, but if yer in another state, go for it!
you cna make the thing pass emmissions, jus run her down to a 1/4 tank and
put some alcohol in it and it will pass no probs!. get a healthy edelbrock
intake and a nice carb (maybe a carter 625 avs) and get the mopar
performance electronic ignition package so you can make it run and your
set!.
i have the ignition pack for my demon and it has a full wire harness and
complete instructions on how to wire it up on a vehcile with no ignition.
but, thats what i would do. if ya want fuel injection, try calling turbo
city to modify your injectors on teh throttle body. i know they do those
things. maybe have your intake and heads extrude honed. or get a set of 360
heads and mill them .050. many things ya can do. but i know for a fact that
a camshaft and valve springs will liven those engines up bigtime! maybe get
the mopar purpleshaft cam (.455) lift and a stall converter and it will
liven it up!

just my .02

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://www.laker.net/moparman
1997 Dakota CC V8 Sport FIPK Flowmaster Transgo Pilone Throttle Body R/T
Bumblebee Stripe, Lakewood Traction Bars.
1972 Dodge Demon, Future 12 Second 1/4 Mile Car