Re: Splash Guard question

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Thu Sep 11 1997 - 12:10:28 EDT

At 10:49 AM 9/11/97 -0600, you wrote:

> When you say 'skid pan'... is that the bottom/plastic part of the two
>piece bumper? I assume that's what your talking about.

No, plastic pan underneath from the bumper back.

> I took a peek at my bumper ( I'm thinking of removing it and having
>the chrome sand blasted off and painted )... If you open the hood... there
>look like there are 4 bolts that hold the bumper to the frame. Then there
>are screws/bolts along the edge of the bumper that hold the plastic/lower
>part of the bumper to the upper/metal bumper. Does that sound correct?

don't know.... dealer did the work.

> When you 're-positioned' the skid pan... did you remove the bumper,
>dis-assemble it and then re-assemble it? Any 'gotchas'? Thanks again.

No, they had positioned it inside the frame rail, I pulled it out so it
rested on the outside of the frame rail (drivers side). Didn't have to
undo anything.

ps. your return address "Jack Snodgrass" <dakota@cybermail.net>
doesn't work.

Rob Agnew