Re: Thinking of Buying a SLT

From: Jack Snodgrass (dakota@cybermail.net)
Date: Thu Sep 11 1997 - 16:55:16 EDT

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997 14:56:21 -0400, Dick Campagna wrote:

>----------
>> From: Rob Agnew <ragnew@islandnet.com>
>> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
>> Subject: Re: Thinking of Buying a SLT
>> Date: Thursday, September 11, 1997 11:42 AM
>>
>> At 08:07 AM 9/11/97 -0400, you wrote:
>> >
>> >Rob - Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the bucket seats you didn't
>order
>> >the same seats as the one you did order, except for what's between them?

>between
>> >them and the other seats have a separate seat between them, a cup-holder
>in
>> >the forward edge, and a fold-down armrest/storage area. So, the bottom
>> >line is that both seats are just as comfortable. What you're paying for
>is
>> >what's in the middle. Right? Thanks . . .
>> >
>> >Por Favore, Non Mi Rompere i Coglioni.
>> >
>> >Grazie!
>> >

>> I'm not sure whether the actual seats are identical to the buckets, but
>the
>> base seat is really two separate seats (not a bench), with a fold down
>seat
>> back consul in the middle. Also a third seatbelt for a small person in
>the
>> middle.
>>

>> Rob Agnew
>> ragnew@islandnet.com
>>
>> Victoria, B.C.
>> Canada
>
>Rob - Come to think of it, I think I know the difference in the seat
>itself. Isn't there a *lumbar* support on the driver's *bucket* seat . . .
>but not on the 40/20/40?
>
>Dick
>
>Por Favore, Non Mi Rompere i Coglioni. Grazie!

Yep... on the 40/20/40 seats there is a lever on the driver side for the
driver seat. nothing for the passenger. The ONLY think that a ford ranger
has over a Dak ( that I know of ) is the ford ranger has a air bladder
that you can adjust electronically on both the passenger and driver seats.
That was pretty slick. Not enough to pick a little ranger over a dak... but
still a neat feature.