Odometer mileage; was My tires, so far

From: Ned Worcester (nworcest@crossnet.org)
Date: Thu Sep 11 1997 - 15:12:43 EDT

-- [ From: Ned Worcester * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

As was noted in the original mesage below, most odometers seem to read off
by about 10% so that there are fewer miles actually on the truck then the
odometer shows. I was wondering if anyone has ever made an issue with CC or
the dealer about warranty coverage for things after the odometer mileage,
but before the likely actual mileage expires.

At 10%, my extended warranty is going to end 10k miles before it really
should. Of course the amount
I drive that's only 3 months (66K miles in 2.5 years), but it still is
something.

Anybody have any thoughts or comments?

Ned Worcester
'95 SLT 4x4 318 3.9

> Date: Thursday, 11-Sep-97 04:38 PM
>
> From: Mark Seagondollar \ Internet: (segndolr@us.ibm.com)
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu \ Internet: (dakota@ait.fredonia.edu)
>
> Subject: My tires, so far
>
> The crappy OEM tires that came on my 94 V6 5sp club cab lasted 18-20 K
miles

> I replaced them with 235/70x15 LTX M+S Michelins, which lasted 38-40K
miles

> They go replaced by 225/60x15 BF Goodrich TAs. I wanted to try a 60
series
> tire and give the BFGs new (Michelin owned & influenced) design a try.
Also,