Re: Engine Vibration

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Thu Sep 11 1997 - 17:33:39 EDT

> From: Chris Ruggiers <ruggiers@telepath.com>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Re: Engine Vibration
> Date: Thursday, September 11, 1997 01:47 PM
>

> Matthew Brandes wrote:
>
> > (I posted this in the Newsgroup a couple of months ago but received
little
> > response, so I'm reposting here...)
> >
> > I am about to schedule my second maintenance on my '97 Dak V8. When I
> > first got the truck I noticed what I think is an engine vibration
between
> > 66-68 mph. It's easily felt in steering wheel and gas pedal and you
can
> > kinda hear it w/o the radio on. When I took it in for it's first
> > maintenance they thought it was due to an out of balance tire. So they
> > balanced, rotated, and aligned the tires. Did not get rid of the
vibration
> > in the least bit.

        My '91 had the same problem, but at around 75 mph. I had it looked
at, but got the run around from the dealer. I usually drove 70 mph max.,
and
when I went faster (to pass someone), I'd do 80 mph! 75 mph was like the
speed of sound buffeting that Mach +1 planes experienced :P

        Sam '95 SLT Dakota
http://www.users.cts.com/king/s/samp/