Re: Low Gas Mileage

From: tnadoman@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sun Sep 14 1997 - 01:53:34 EDT

On 09/13/97 22:42:45 you wrote:

>I was wondering what kinda gas mileage you guys are getting with your
>Dakotas. The highest I returned was 16.7 on the Interstate. This was with a
>'97 CC V8, 5spd, 3.92 SG with P215/75/15 tires with the A/C on and cruise set
>at 70. I thought this was kinda low and altough I am extremely pleased with
>the truck, I am disappointed with the gas mileage. Write back and share the
>performances of your Dakotas. I plan on a set of headers, tonneau and a K&N,
>so this should help with the mileage. But I am dissappointed for now.
> Should I have stuck with the standard 3.55 gears? Thanks.

I'm at 6,200 miles on my '97 Dakota Sport CC 4x4 with the 3.55 gears and V8. Its also the 5-spd.
I'm getting between 16.5 and 17.5 miles a gallon. This is also with the 31x10.50 tires. Although
the trip computer indicates less miles per gallon, I'm getting anywhere from .5 to 1.5 miles a
gallon more than the computer. My 1983 toyota pickup 4x4 with 214,000 miles is getting about 17
to 18 so I'm not complaining (considering the power and engine difference). I also get on it
once and a while.

Dave Thede
'97 Dakota Sport CC V8/5-spd 4x4
K&N FIPK clone