Low Gas Mileage

From: AJRoss50@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 13 1997 - 22:42:45 EDT

I was wondering what kinda gas mileage you guys are getting with your
Dakotas. The highest I returned was 16.7 on the Interstate. This was with a
'97 CC V8, 5spd, 3.92 SG with P215/75/15 tires with the A/C on and cruise set
at 70. I thought this was kinda low and altough I am extremely pleased with
the truck, I am disappointed with the gas mileage. Write back and share the
performances of your Dakotas. I plan on a set of headers, tonneau and a K&N,
so this should help with the mileage. But I am dissappointed for now.
 Should I have stuck with the standard 3.55 gears? Thanks.