Various parts problems, Attn: Scott Vieth

From: DRD892@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 15 1997 - 16:14:10 EDT

Evening Scott and Everyone,

Cleaned my K&N 10"x3" air filter Saturday and put in back in.
About 10 minutes later I had the first engine stumble with the
Dakota. Didn't know what was wrong so I started taking apart
the obvious things. Distributor cap, rotor, wires, etc. Took the
lid of the air cleaner and.....OOPS. Got just a little toooooo much
red oil on the filter. It was making puddles in the air cleaner base
and being sucked down the throttlebody. Take it from me, the
engine does not like this. Cleaned up the mess and went to
Ramchargers and bought a new K&N. Runs great now. Trying
to soak some of the excess oil out of the old filter. I figured if
a little oil was good, and lot would be better. It's not. Should
have known better. While at Ramchargers, ordered the new
Magnum Valve Covers with gaskets and screws. $114.
Should be in first of next week. Getting the new Transmission
serviced for the first time next Saturday. Still have the problem of
overreving in first gear at WOT. Will take care of that Saturday.

By the way, the Viper GTS is back with a new transmission. CC covered
all the cost. Mike picked up floormats ($80), car cover $230) and a
nice leather jacket with Viper Logos ($1200). This thing is a money pit.

See Ya,

David R.
Sterling Heights
Michigan