Dakota Quality

From: Terry Hebert (hebert1@windsor.igs.net)
Date: Sat Sep 20 1997 - 15:02:27 EDT

In regards to the quality of my new dakota, I found the follow problem
yesterday. I would park the vehicle and then notice a foul smell. I know
the Catylitic converter has to break in and it's producing a awful odour
at times. There was another odour like burnt wires or plastic. I started
poking my nose around under the hood and lo and behold, what do I find?
The plug for the block heater was tucked between the exhaust manifold
and the heat shield. I yank it out and there's a plastic fastener
attached to it and all burnt up. The wire appeared relatively unharmed.
I located the mounting location for the fastener and attached a new
fastener and mounted the wire. All is OK..now. Can you believe some dork
just stuffed the wire between the exhaust manifold and heat shield?

Terry
98 Sport V8 Reg Cab
5SPD SG 3.91