Auto transmission indicator not lining up in 97's

From: Brett Stoner (Brett@abacusinfo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 22 1997 - 15:51:31 EDT

I vaguely remember a few people mentioning that their automatic transmission indicator thingie didn't quite line up with the automatic transmission indicator thingie holes. (These are technical terms. What it means is that when the truck is in drive the little red thing on the instrument cluster is only half in drive) In any case, mine was the same way and I finally got annoyed enough to see if I could fix it. I discovered that not only could I fix it but it was quite easy and didn't involve ripping the dash apart. If anyone else does have this problem email me and I'll be glad to tell you how to do it:)

Brett