Re: Re: Auto transmission indicator not lining up in 97's

From: Brett Stoner (Brett@abacusinfo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 22 1997 - 21:45:56 EDT

Well, there seems to be a bit more interest in this than I thought, so I guess I'll just post this to the list. This is how I fixed the problem on my 97. I imagine it would work on the 98's and may be adaptable to the pre-97's. In any case, the first thing to do is remove the small section of the dash under the steering wheel (The owners manual calls it the knee bolster) To do this simply loosen the three screws underneath is (There's no need to unscrew them all the way) Then simply pull the knee bolster straight out toward you. There are a couple of pressure latches at the top so you might have to give it a bit of a tug. Once that is out you should see a small black cable leading to a white connector on the bottom of the steering column. Right next to that is a small white knob (It looks like a little gear about a half inch in diameter) The cable is the link to the indicator on the dash and the knob is there to adjust it. Simply turn the knob until the indicator lin!
es up with the holes in all posi
tions of the shifter, then push the knee bolster back into place and tighten the screws. If anyone tries this on a 98 or pre-97 please let us know how it goes.

Brett

<<< Lord Foul <lordfoul@accessone.com> 9/22 7:06p >>>
by all means,, please do!!