Torsion Bars and Front Suspension

From: Ned Worcester (nworcest@crossnet.org)
Date: Mon Sep 22 1997 - 15:28:17 EDT

-- [ From: Ned Worcester * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

I've got a '95 4x4 CC, 318. The ride height is way low. Yesterday I
adjusted the torsion bars to spec, but that brought them to the limit of
adjustability. I seem to remember seeing that someone makes aftermarket T-
bars for the Dak.

So: 1) anyone know where to find stronger T-bars, and 2) anyone got any
ideas about how to increase the suspension to help the T-bars out, shocks,
spring sets, etc?

I am planning to do a lift on this truck, but not for a while ($$$ and Time)
, so I need to find some way of dealing with it in the meantime. I believe
the lift uses the same torsion bars, so I'll still have the same problem,
even with a lift.

I really discovered how low it had sagged when I pranged the T-case skid
plate a rock I should have cleared, So now I've got a custom skid-plate;
bigger and .25" thick,

Any thoughts would help.

Ned Worcester
'95 SLT CC 318