Re: Dakota Quality

From: Terry Hebert (hebert1@windsor.igs.net)
Date: Mon Sep 22 1997 - 23:33:40 EDT

Dick Campagna wrote:

> > Subject: Dakota Quality
> > Date: Saturday, September 20, 1997 3:02 PM
>
> > In regards to the quality of my new dakota, I found the follow
> problem
> > yesterday. I would park the vehicle and then notice a foul smell. I
> know
> > the Catylitic converter has to break in and it's producing a awful
> odour
> > at times. There was another odour like burnt wires or plastic.
>
> (snipped)
>
> > Can you believe some dork just stuffed the wire between the exhaust
> manifold and heat shield?
>
> Yes, because nothing would surprise me. That may have been the same
> dork
> that put a 2.26 (!) rear in my Malibu 5.0L/4-spd/4-bbl station wagon
> (!)
> years ago, when I wanted the 3.08 (I didn't want the posi-traction
> rear,
> which was a 3.23, although it was the *lowest* rear available). And
> the
> build sheet said it had a 3.08!
>
> Could you do me a favor, please? I want to order a '98
> Dak/V8/5-spd/3.90
> to pull my 5th-wheel trailer and I'd like to know your truck's rpm at
> certain speeds.
> Could you please tell me the rpm in 5th gear at 55mph, and in 4th gear
> at
> 55mph? Thanks, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Por Favore, Non Mi Rompere i Coglioni. Grazie!
>
> Dick C.

No problem.4th gear@55mph = 2800rpm. She's really screaming
5th gear@55mph = 2000rpm. Reasonable.

I suggest to those members without a open element filter setup to get
one. I installed my FABM and she really screams now. I love that roar
from the intake. You don't know what your missing!

Terry
98 Sport Reg Cab
V8 5SPD, 3.91 SG & FABM