Re: Aluminum Wheel Maintenance & Repair

From: Dick Campagna (campagna@nothinbut.net)
Date: Tue Sep 23 1997 - 12:45:32 EDT

he does on his ZX-7 motorcycle. When he bought it, the wheels were painted
black. To improve its appearance, he had the paint removed from the
outermost portion of the rim, down to the bare aluminum. He uses
*Mother's* aluminum wheel cleaner, and, when they get oxidized (they use a
lot of road salt in our NJ winter), he uses 1000 grit sandpaper to clean it
off before using the *Mother's* again. They're a lot of work, but they
look great.

For aluminum wheel repair: The following companies advertised in the back
of the Sep 22d issue of _Autoweek_:

Ye Ole Wheel Shop, Elkridge, MD; 1(800)526-8260.
Wheel Shoppe, Warren, MI: 1(810)756-7256
Precision Wheel Service, Branford, CT; 1(800)FIXBEND
Rim & Wheel Works, Newton, MA; 1(617)964-0226; 1(800)261-0495

There also a company in California who chromes aluminum wheels, starting at
$89: Call 1-909-595-0144.

Por Favore, Non Mi Rompere i Coglioni. Grazie!

Dick C.