Re: Brake controler

From: Thomas McCabe (mccabet@megsinet.net)
Date: Tue Sep 23 1997 - 23:58:53 EDT

kbshadow@msn.com wrote:

> I ordered my Dakota with the tow pack and would like to hear from someone who installed a trailer brake controler and how hard it was to do. Thanx. Bob DeChance

Bob,
        I installed mine about a year ago. It was really easy. You should
have been given a harness to plug into the connector under the dash.
There should also be instructions with it identifying the wires and
their purpose. When you buy your brake controller, the instructions
will identify the wires. Just connect the wires with the same purpose
together.

Wire colors vary from one controller to another. If you buy a
controller, take your harness and instructions with you, and ask them to
help connect the wires. May be simpler.

Good Luck!

Tom McCabe