SBEC Code Reset

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Wed Sep 24 1997 - 12:50:00 EDT

>Hey Ned, I don't know about most people but my code 12 goes away after
>about 40 key on sequences. I wonder if your SBEC is not getting power
>to keep the memory alive when the key is off. Might be something to
>check. Did you try to reset your SBEC by disconnecting the battery
>overnight? That should take care of the 43 I would think...

I haven't done that since I checked the codes and got the 43... I hate
resetting my radio presets :-) I'm curious as to whether the newer JTECs
retain the codes longer than the SBECs. Maybe it has something to do
with OBD-II?? Can anyone with a '96 or newer confirm or deny that their
code 12 (or any other) stays longer than the 50 (or 40) key on
sequences?? Maybe the Mopar tech line would have an answer to this... Or
I could even <gulp> check with the dealer?

Ciao!

Ned Vogler
(nvogler@rghosp.chime.org)
'96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab
Gibson 3" Catback Exhaust/MPI FIPK-clone/Magnecor KV85 wires
Brass Cap & Rotor/Autolite Platinums/Blaster 3 Coil
MSD 6AL Ignition & MPI Super Street TBI w/Power Bridge
Pioneer DEH-65DH/Pioneer TS-A5705/TS-626/SAS Bazooka A82-80
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/9636/