MSD's

From: dmagnum@ccs.netside.com
Date: Wed Sep 24 1997 - 10:59:48 EDT

Hey Ned,

You have a 96' right? I thought key on off on off on doesn't work on
obd-II jtec's. I tried it on mine and it doesn't. This is my third Dakota. All sbec
equipped dakota's or any mopars(SMEC for turbo cars) for that fact will
display codes using key on off on off on. I have a 96'. I was told you
need a diagnostic tool for this. Hell, I hope I'm wrong and I don't!
The article I read was in the latest issue of Mopar Muscle. I got it
in the mail about 2 weeks ago...September or somethin....it's in the front
in the tech section were people write in and discuss their problems and
questions. Jules wanted to sell me a msd6al. I had my doubts after the Jacobs
and after what Bill has proved. I got one for free and it didn't do anything so
I sold it. I think a good set of low resistance wires and good quality cap
rotor and plugs will do better for alot less money. Let me know about the
Jtec code reading...

Stan
dmagnum@mail.netside.com