Drag Results

From: Terry Hebert (hebert1@windsor.igs.net)
Date: Sat Sep 27 1997 - 13:51:43 EDT

I took the plunge last night. I went to the dragstrip and baselined my
truck's performance. The usual trip to Milan MI takes about 1 hr. It
took me 2hr's in rush hour traffic to reach the dragstrip. What a drag!
The truck was hotter than a jalepeno pepper when I pulled in. Enough of
the small talk, here's my results.

Run#1: 7:20 pm

Reaction - 1.144
60 ft - 2.541
1/8 et - 10.447
1/8 mph - 69.22
1/4 et - 16.121
1/4 mph - 86.07

The truck was still really hot and I bogged it bad on the starting line.

The ten second camaro in the other lane didn't help my concentration.

Run#2: 7:36 pm

Reaction - .747
60 ft - 2.438
1/8 et - 10.269
1/8 mph - 69.45
1/4 et - 15.946
1/4 mph - 85.83

Truck still on fire and I was on & off the throttle on the start. Smoked
a Ford Explored.

Run#3: 7:46 pm

Reaction - .569
60 ft - 2.489
1/8 et - 10.431
1/8 mph - 68.91
1/4 et - 16.122
1/4 mph - 85.82

Good light but I bogged it again and another crappy 16 second timeslip.
I had never even dumped the clutch in this truck before today so I'm
learning as I go. Time for eliminations so I figured a 16.0 would sound
pretty good. Check out this drag race.

Run #4: 8:02 pm

16.00 - Index - 16.61
.568 - Reaction - .565
2.409 - 60 ft - 2.551
10.35 - 1/8 et - 10.818
69.67 - 1/8 mph - 66.38
16.035 -1/4 et - 16.641
85.83 - 1/4 mph - 82.54

I lost by .006 to this guy in a Chrysler Concorde. I don't feel so bad
as he went on to win the whole ball of wax. Actually it was a free dyno
pull.

Run #5: 8:55 pm

Reaction - .800
60 ft - 2.389
1/8 et - 10.231
1/8 mph - 69.40
1/4 et - 15.879
1/4 mph - 86.40

The truck was nice and cool by this point. I had a decent launch(for me
:) and best time so far. I was smoked by a dodge omni turbo(14.90).

Run #6: 9:04 pm

Reaction - .776
60 ft - 2.391
1/8 et - 10.074
1/8 mph - 70.51
1/4 et - 15.704
1/4 mph - 86.59

My best pass of the day. I launched with moderate wheel spin.

Run#7: 9:14 pm

Reaction - .919
60 ft - 2.479
1/8 et - 10.282
1/8 mph - 69.63
1/4 et - 15.932
1/4 mph - 86.23

Incredible amount of wheelspin on the launch and it went sideways in
second gear. 7 runs, 21 shifts and no missed ones. Take that all you
automatic lovers :) My truck has only 1200Km(700mi) and I have no seat
time racing it. I know there's a 15.50 in it and I will return to get
that timeslip before the season is over.

Terry
98 Sport Reg Cab
V8 5SPD
3.91 SG
Rear Bumper Delete,Causes poor 60 ft times :(