Re: still no codes on my '98

From: Geoffrey Hausheer (ghaushe@ichips.intel.com)
Date: Fri Sep 26 1997 - 11:20:51 EDT

I tried the on-off-on-off-on thing once again last night, and then
waited...and waited....nothing exciting happened. No numbers, no flashing...I
am pretty sure this technique doesn't work on 98s...at least not mine....Not
that this really matters, but I was curious. Does anyone know where I can
find specs on the OBD-II system? I'd like to learn how to use the interface
under the dashboard. I'm pretty sure I could build a code reader if I can get
a hold of the specifications. BTW: how much does a code reader cost, and can
anything else be done with that interface (resetting codes? changing
configurations? anything like that?)
Thanks,
Geoffrey Hausheer
Intel Corp.