FW: FW: JTEC/SBEC

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Fri Sep 26 1997 - 12:42:00 EDT

> Ok, now I'm *really* confused! :-)

Yikes, now I've done it! :-)

> The way I read your message, it says that, as of '96, SBEC's are now
>called JTECs, but the only JTEC available is for the '96 5.9L. There

Well, that is correct, what I *SHOULD* have said was the the only Mopar
Perfmance JTEC available is for the '96 Rams w/5.9L. All of our '96 and
newer trucks have the *stock* JTEC in 'em.

>are 96, 97, and 98 Daks with engines other than the 5.9L running around.
>They must have some sort of computer. If they don't have JTECs, they
>must have SBEC's, right? Yet, supposedly SBEC's are called JTEC's after

>96. Something doesn't add up. :-)

You're right... my mistake!

> (I don't mean to be difficult, I'm just trying to sort this all out
>in my head.) :-) I probably just misinterpreted something along the
line.

You're not being difficult, just trying to clarify something I stated
rather vaguely... sorry, guys! And, since someone posted about the
Jeep/Truck family of PCMs (ack, another acronym for the computer), that
at least makes sense that they would be different from the "car"
computers. Gosh, I better shut up before I realy confuse someone. :-)

Ciao!

Ned Vogler
(nvogler@rghosp.chime.org)
'96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab
Gibson 3" Catback Exhaust/MPI FIPK-clone/Magnecor KV85 wires
Brass Cap & Rotor/Autolite Platinums/Blaster 3 Coil
MSD 6AL Ignition & MPI Super Street TBI w/Power Bridge
Pioneer DEH-65DH/Pioneer TS-A5705/TS-626/SAS Bazooka A82-80
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/9636/